In the early 90s, the A500 was reaching the end of its lifespan, and technology had moved on to the point that the same capabilities could be packed into a much smaller machine – perfect to live alongside a bedroom TV to provide all the late night illicit gaming a teenager could need.
It wasn’t just a size reduction though. Inside there was an added IDE port for internal hard drives, a first in this category of home computers, and on the outside you’ll find a PCMCIA slot alongside the usual Amiga ports. Designed for easy RAM upgrades, it’s more recently found use for adding removable storage, networking or even external SCSI drives. This makes the A600 a perfect starter Amiga that can be expanded over time – and we at Pure Amiga will happily help you accomplish that!
We regularly have A600s available, which we refurb to ensure they give years of trouble-free pleasure. This compromises
- Recap with correct type Panasonic capacitors
- Full diagnostic soak test of all electrical systems – sound, graphics, memory etc – and faults rectified by a qualified electronic engineer
- Clean and test of mechanical elements such as floppy drive and keyboard
- External clean and replacement of missing screws and panels
- Ultrasonic clean of mainboard
As it has been many years since the last A600 was built, these will not be in new condition but will be as good as we can manage, and we pride ourselves on selling the best examples we can find, with quality work carried out. As such there may be blemishes and discolouration but we’ll be happy to discuss specific examples you’re interested in if you contact us.